Sunday, June 28, 2009

Glee Club memories

I found these lyrics why rammaging through my mahiwagang baul. I'd like to share it with everyone especially my co-Glee Club members under Mrs. Pia (Wonderful Thing to be Me) in Grade School, and Mrs. Espinosa (Love is the Answer) in High School. Nice idea to reminisce this on our 25th, right? *wink*wink*hint*hint*


WONDERFUL THING TO BE ME
Words by Marcy Henchen and Don Besig. Music by Don Besig. 1974

When I wake up in the morning and I see a new day dawning ...
And I see the sky above me, and I know somebody loves me ...
Then I want to stand and shout it, tell the whole wide world about it ...
It's a wonderful thing to be me ...

I can hear the birds a singin', and I feel like singin' with 'em ...
And a breeze is softly blowing, in my heart I feel love growing ...
For this day is just beginning, all at once I can't help thinking ...
What a wonderful thing to be me ... and to be free ...

Free to walk along the river, free to tumble the grass ...
Free to chase away the gray clouds, from the sky ...
Free to take your hand and wander, through the meadows and the fields ...
Free to capture all the world, and call it mine ... I'm feelin' fine ...

Oh, the day has ended sweetly, now the evening comes to greet me ...
In my mind I see tomorrow, no, it won't be filled with sorrow ...
For I see a new day coming, through the meadows I'll be running ...
What a wonderful thing to be me ... and to be free.


LOVE IS THE ANSWER
by: Raymond Hannisian

Morning comes and I must go; day is breaking yonder.
After all the places I have been, now I’m going home.
I have been to seek the sky, to travel on the highway
And the time has come, I don’t know whyI am going home.

REF1: Where is the answer to so many questions
I don’t know, so I begin another journey
Where is the meaning for my world
I see the answer now.

Though we came by diff’rent roads, now we walk together.
Stay beside me all our days, strangers never more.
Through the cool of summer rains, by the hearthside fire
Here I’ll be with you when nothing remainsI am home to stay.

REF2: For love is the answer to so many questions
Now I know, and I can stop my endless wand’ring
Love gives the meaning to my worldI see the answer now.
Love gives meaning to my worldAnd I see the answer now
Love is the Answer… Love!

7 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Mary M. Revis said...

OH MAN! FLASHBACK TIME!. I LOVED signing Wonderful Thing to Be Me in high school (in 1978. Our choir did the song and once..I got the chance to play it on the piano when our regular pianist was out. I loved it!

Also I loved signing Corner Of The Sky (from Pippen)

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Budget Blinds of Brooklyn said...

Thank you so much for posting this! I've been singing "Wonderful Thing to be Me" to myself since singing it in grade school chorus in the '70s. It's a great kids song and no one I know has ever heard of it, and it isn't anywhere online except here. Thanks for helping me remember the full second verse!

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger julie said...

omg. In grammar school almost 40 years ago we had a wonderful music teacher. Everyone sang their hearts out for her. And these were two of her songs! (We also sang "Corner of the Sky.") Thanks for bringing back the memories.

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I grew up in south Texas. We sang this in 2nd or 3rd grade. I'm now 50 and still sing it

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I still sing parts of this since learning it in 6th grade music class in 1977! Have tried to find lyrics online in years past, and finally here they are!

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Cassie said...

Man, this song brings back memories, sometimes before I saw this post I call myself singing the lyrics off the top of my head and wondering why this now and I'm 50 years old now. I really loved this song in elementary school and I still love it to this very day but I don't know who wrote it.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Shari B said...

I have been looking for this song for years. They sang it at my 8th grade graduation in 1976. Such a great memory!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

La Kulasa Visitors since
Otober 2005
Counters
Petsmart Coupon